Blessed Are The
"Blessed are those who have not seen, and yet
have believed" (John 20:29)
- If I had seen the earthquake and the rending of the veil;
- And heard the somber cry as darkness lifted from the dale;
- If I had heard the soldier say, "This was the Son of
- I still could trust no more in all the mercy of His blood.
- Were I a witness to the tomb as empty as it was;
- If I had laid my eyes upon the risen Son of God;
- And could I touch the print of nails or feel His wounded
- I could not say my Lord would then the more with me abide.
- "If I had been there," say the weak, "Then
maybe I'd believe."
- But, friend, without a witness, He would not all mankind
- The word of those who saw Him gives us grounds for reasoned
- The sight of man no match for revelation by God's way.
- "We've seen, we've heard, we've touched the Lord,"
the witnesses proclaimed;
- "But though you have not glimpsed His form, your faith
is just the same.
- "You have not seen, but yet believe, and this more than
- You must! More certain knowledge? No, than that the Lord
- 30 Tarrytowne, Washington, WV 26181.
Return to West Virginia