My Work Is Done
- I'm now old and feeble
- My work on earth is done
- I'll be gone to be with Jesus
- At the setting of the sun.
- Don't weep for me, my children
- For I am now at rest
- My faith will no longer
- Be put to test.
- Through the years I lived for Jesus
- There were trials on every hand
- But now I live with Jesus
- And sing in his angel band.
- Up there will be no heartaches
- Nor any sad good-byes
- I will be gone to be with Jesus
- To our home beyond the skies.
- So, won't you meet me up yonder?
- Life here is but a test
- And if we but pass it
- We can live with all the blessed.
Editor's note: Sister Lessie Smith is 86 years old and is a
member of the Piney View church of Christ, Piney View, WV. Her
poem was submitted by Mildred Everson of the Central church of
Christ, Martinsburg, WV, where sister Smith's daughter, Kathy
Return to West Virginia