Albert E. Farley
In the face of the myriad of problems facing the world today, we firmly believe our only hope is the gospel of Jesus Christ. Do you wonder if the gospel can have any effect in your life? Open the scriptures and see the wonderful changes which took place in the lives of those who listened to, believed, and obeyed the words of truth from the LORD:
- - A small group of common, uneducated, and fearful men “turned the world upside down” with the preaching of the gospel and gave their lives to defend it. Mt 10; Acts 17:6. It is this gospel that we teach in this paper each month.
- - A fierce man who went naked and lived in the graveyard was restored to his right mind, clothed himself, and sat at Jesus’ feet. He returned to his home and told everyone what Jesus had done for him. Mt 8:28; Mk 5:1; Lk 8:26
- - A very sinful woman repented of her sins, came to Jesus, washed His feet with her tears, wiped them with her hair, kissed them, and anointed them with precious ointment. Lk 7:36
- - Those who crucified Jesus were cut to their hearts when they heard the gospel, repented of their sins, were baptized for the remission of their sins, and were added to the church by the LORD. Acts 2
- - People who were fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, effeminate, abusers of themselves with mankind, thieves, covetous, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners repented – stopped doing these things – when they heard and believed the gospel. They were baptized and washed in the blood of Jesus Christ. Acts 18:8, 1 Cor 6:9-11.
This can happen to you if you will receive with meekness the engrafted word and be doers of the word and not hearers, only. Jesus invites you. Jam 1:21, 22; Mt 11:28-30. If we can assist you, let us know.
Our circulation last month was 2,807. We continue to need your help in reaching our goal of 2,900. –Albert.
Return to West Virginia Christian